- Frank Pasquale
- Dave Beer
- David M Berry
- Lina Dincik
- Cathy O’Neil
- Virginia Eubanks
- Safiya Umoja Noble
- Evelyn Ruppert
- Ben Williamson
- Matt Finn
- Juliane Jake
- Helene Gad Ratner
ORGANISATIONS & PROJECTS
- @projectsbyif – IF is a technology studio, specialising in ethical and practical uses of data projectsbyif.com
- @projunicorn – Project Unicorn – transforming K-12 education through building awareness and support for data interoperability https://www.projunicorn.org
- @AINowInstitute – Interdisciplinary university research institute examining the social implications of artificial intelligence, ML, and related technologies
- @datasociety – Data & Society is a research institute focused on the social and cultural issues arising from data-centric technological development.
- @DataJusticeLab – Researching datafication and social justice
- @data_ctive – project at the University of Amsterdam focusing on data activism and the politics of data according to civil society.
- @edfialliance – Dedicated to empowering educators with real-time, actionable #eddata on every student in their classroom, school, district or state.
- @PartnershipAI – Established to study and formulate best practices on AI technologies, to advance the public’s understanding of AI, and to serve as an open platform about AI
- @EdDataCampaign – The Data Quality Campaign believes that when students, parents, educators, and partners have the right information to make decisions, students excel.
- @FERPASherpa – A one-stop shop for information on student privacy and data use
@efa_oz – Electronic Frontiers Australia – promoting and protecting digital rights in Australia since 1994
@DRWaus – Digital Rights Watch – standing for privacy, democracy, fairness and freedom in a digital age.
@DataLabScotland – An innovation centre focused on generating value from data by enabling collaborative innovation; delivering skills; and strengthening the data science community
@OKFN – Open Knowledge International – focused on realising open data’s value to society by helping civil society groups access and use data to take action on social problems
@ODIHQ – Open Data Institute – works with companies and governments to build an open, trustworthy data ecosystem, where people can make better decisions using data and manage any harmful impacts.
@SchoolOfData – Teaching data wrangling skills by doing. Work with real data, real people, real world issues.
- @Seeing_Data - a group of research projects which aim to understand the place of data visualisations in society
- @DatafiedSchools – DATAFIED – ‘Data for and in Education’ – research project funded by the BMBF (2018-2021) – http://www.datafied.de
- @DetCommTech – Detroit Community Technology Project & Detroit Data Justice Coalition – local groups working for community-led data and technology use in Detroit
- @Data4BlackLives – Data For Black Lives – “Data as protest. Data as accountability. Data as collective action”
- @EdDataCampaign – The Data Quality Campaign – lobby group for wider use of data across all members of the school community
- @pippa_king – parent/activist running a Biometrics in Schools blog
- @defenddigitalme – advocating for safe, fair and transparent children’s data in UK education